Monday, January 7, 2013

Steak 'n Shake Signature

1695 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
(212) 247-6584

Stopped here for lunch out of recommendations from friends.
I was walking back and forth looking for the place until I found it right next door to the David Letterman Show (wonder if he ever stops in?).

Tried the Double 'n Cheese burger with fries for $3.99.
The burgers are made from ground beef and you can see it, just like if you were making a burger at home and not that frozen, processed, dense hockey puck like at McDonald's or Burger King. The french fries were tasty. Crispy, thin cut, and nicely seasoned. It's said that fat is flavor and I suppose that is why everything here was so tasty! I noticed that my fingers were greasy after my second bite into the hamburger and the paper cup that held the fries had tell tale signs of oil spots, absorbing the oil from the fries.
I had the works on my burger ( tomato, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mayo) so the vegetables made me feel like I was eating a bit healthier.

Staff is cordial and cutely dressed in their red, black, and white uniforms. Decor is nice too.
Going to go back and try their "hand dipped" milk shakes next time.


Steak 'n Shake Signature on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment